The Process Engineer with our Downstream Processing team will be responsible for providing support activities in the catalysis and process development areas. Specifically, the person in this position will contribute to the development of the production process and catalyst development strategies through the operation of lab-scale reactors to quantitatively characterize catalysts for the production of renewable chemicals. The person will work closely with engineering, molecular biology and analytical teams to increase the yield and productivity of the processes. The scientist will promote a strong health, safety and environment culture on site and within the team.
- Assist in the scale up of Visolis' patented processes to make a range of bio-based chemical products.
- Design experiments to test catalysts.
- Perform various unit operations and different purification/separation processes.
- Run analytical instruments for quantification.
- Collect and process samples for products of interest.
- Analyze and report data to enable appropriate interpretation and follow up experiments.
- Identify and report opportunities for improvement and assist to implement as needed.
- Proactively communicate information through appropriate verbal and written means and actively participate in meetings.
- Understand and follow department and corporate guidelines, compliance and safety rules and procedures related to duties.
- Perform other reasonably related duties not expressly written in this job description as may be assigned from time to time.
- B.S. or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Flexibility in working schedule to accommodate experimental needs.
- Ability to lift approximately 10-20 kg routinely.
- Eligibility to work in the US (no visa sponsorship/transfer).
- Industrial engineering experience, including process development for chemical production processes.
- Familiar with HPLC analysis.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, statistical analysis and reporting experience.